How to Use This Calculator?
This storage calculator is intended to be used for the Turing Smart Series IP cameras. It is designed for the user to enter H.265 parameters for the main stream, with a fixed H.264 sub stream.
- Recording Days Need: Enter the retention period (In Days) needed for "Recording Days Needed"
- Motion %: Enter the estimated amount of motion to be recorded. This will affect the Normal and Event (Event, Motion, Alarm) recording types.
- Max Total Events per Hour: Estimated maximum total number of events per hour at the site
- Total Number of Concurrent Vision Clients: Estimated number of clients using Vision at the same time.
- Recording Type:
Normal: Recording based on Normal Recording and Event Recording storages
Event (Event, Motion, Alarm): Recording based on Event Recording and the Motion %.
- Brand: Choose between Turing or Custom brands. With Turing brands, the resolution, frame rate and pixel resolution are pre-determined. For Custom brands, you will need to enter those values yourself.
- Resolutions: Choose the resolution of the camera’s main stream
- Frame Rates: Choose desired frame rate of the camera.
- After resolution and frame rate have been selected, the calculator automatically gives suggested H.265 Main Stream bit rate and estimates HDD needed based on that.
- Enter the Quantity of the cameras that will use these video encoding parameters
- Use more rows to add other types of cameras using different encoding parameters.
- Once everything has been entered, the estimated total HDD needed is shown plus a separate amount with 10% tolerance can be found.
- In addition, the Upload Bandwidth Requirement and Total Cameras are also shown
- While programming your NVR and cameras, make sure to change Encoding parameters according to the Pixels, Frame Rate, and Recommended H.265 Main Stream Bit Rate used in the Calculator